Last Minute Hair is hosting it’s first annual beauty expo and pitch competition. This is unlike any beauty expo, as this is more than just setting up shop and selling your products. Here you have an opportunity to demonstrate live what makes your product one of the best. Do you have hair that is specifically catering to African American hair textures? Did you create a skincare line that treats scars on the skin or a nail care line that moisturizes the nail with each application? Have you created an innovative hair tool that is a lifesaver? Now is the time to turn the spotlight on you, show the market why you are the next best thing. But wait, there’s more we are doubling down as a pitch competition. Three beauty vendors are chosen to pitch their business to industry leaders. One will win capital towards their business and a year of free distribution through the Last Minute Hair Platform.
How it works
- To become a beauty vendor you will need to submit your brand to be considered.
- If selected you will need to send in the samples required for your beauty brand. (If your product is for licensed beauty professionals only please state that. These products will be sent out to our lifetime members to test your product and provide feedback).
- Products should be sent to P.O. Box 19505 Chicago, IL 60619
- Due to COVID-19 we will be launching this expo virtually. This is a two day event. A link will be provided to a personal virtual room with the ability to pin your website for attendees to easily purchase from your business.
- Attendees vote for their favorite beauty brand and the finalist is announced on day two.
- Each person will have 3 minutes to pitch with 2 minutes for questions.
- Winner will become Last Minute Hair’s Beauty Brand of the Year!
Guidelines for becoming a vendor
- Must be an emerging beauty brand not currently being sold in retail stores
- Making no more than $100,000 a year in revenue.
- Must be original formula and not a resell of an already established product line.
- Must have the ability to fulfill and ship orders made during the event within 30 days from the day of the event.
- Products must have clear visible labels with ingredients use listed on the containers.
- Your business must be registered and in good standing with an EIN number that matches the company’s name.
- Must be able to provide 50 samples.
- Counterfeit products are not allowed.
- Must submit a pitch deck with submission outlining the following
- Becoming a beauty vendor does not automatically enter you into the pitch competition.
- Pitching is not mandatory
- Samples are required in order to secure slot
Are you ready to capture the heart and eyes of your target market? This is your moment. The moment to share your “Why”, your moment to set your product apart and grab the attention of industry leaders and experts. You will get three minutes to explain the following topics and showcase your brand in the best light and become Last Minute Hair Beauty Brand of the Year.
Use this moment in your slides to educate the market on your company’s mission and vision
Your Special Sauce
What makes your product unique and why does the market need this product.
This is the moment to close strong. What is the market saying about your product, what is your revenue and growth plan.
Benefits of becoming Last Minute Hair Beauty of the Year
- Capital towards your beauty brand
- 1 Year mentorship in global manufacturing
- Lifetime access financial and funding coaching through the 100k Incubator
- (Sponsored by 100k Incubator)
- 1 year free marketing/ branding coaching
- (Sponsored by Ifundwomen)
- 1 year FREE distribution through the Last Minute Hair platform
- (Sponsored by Last Minute Hair)
- 6 month placement in a beauty retail store under pilot program